I was so excited by my recent winter wardrobe success, that I decided to go again. So I made another turtleneck using the same pattern from milky merino. This time, I made it longer than required. I’ve had serious shrinkage with this fabric–whether it was my carelessness or the fabric is yet to be clarified. I expect it was my carelessness… This time I used a red zipper from the stash, which looked pretty amazing on the undyed item, but apparently I took no photos. And either I followed the instructions on the pattern (just for something completely different), or perhaps it was luck, but zipper insertion went smoothly.
Then I decided to sort out one of my spencers (long sleeved underwear for warmth). It shrank in dyeing as well as being perhaps a little short to begin with. It rides up, the reverse of what clothing worn for warmth should do. So I added some serious length to it. I love the dyeing on this garment–details here. But it just wasn’t working for its intended purpose.
I went out for a walk and then bundled up.
The bundles came out of the dye pot looking splendid.
The spencer came out a very good length and is much more useable. I did prefer the print before, but this one is pretty lovely too.
Here is the new turtleneck. I like it! If anything it is a little loose.
The red zipper works fine.
E Scoparia is in bud, which also works well.
I tried a different folding strategy. I love the colour and pattern, less sure about the location. And now I am happily wearing my new top for the rest of the cold weather.