This time it was a weekend morning jaunt out into the neighbourhood with a dozen ruby saltbush.
I have had my eye on this spot where mulch has been laid but nothing has been planted.
Once I got my trowel into it I could see why–some parts are concrete, some are all bluemetal and gravel. But in others, there was some very clay soil. Not ideal. But I am not planting anywhere ideal really. I wished them luck.
Hopefully they will make it in spite of the soil and this massive fence with one of the tallest olive trees I have ever seen peeping over it.
I’ve pricked out the bladder saltbush.
To join their larger relations, soon to go out into the suburban wilderness.
And I planted seeds of New Holland daisy and more ruby saltbush and bladder saltbush. Then, I worked over the E Scoparia fruits I have been gathering.
I hadn’t been feeling optimistic about gathering seed, but actually once I started rolling them around, seed started to emerge.
I think there will be plenty to make good on my sharing promises and try planting some myself!